Monday, September 17, 2018

41.19 MILES & A SORE RIDE.


A sore ride is a good ride.   I have been doing a lot of climbing this month and yesterdays ride made my thighs sore.  Something I forgot to add to yesterdays post was that I was pushing down on the peddles so hard going up hill I was actually lifting the front wheel off the ground.   That was a bit scary, I didn't want to flip the bike.  LOL    That the first time I did that on a bike going up hill.   When I go up hill I gripped the handles so I'm pulling them up it give me better push on the peddles.  But this time maybe too much.  
Nice and clear day today. 
Just a Doe taking a break in the shade. 
This is sad.  This road is going to punch through to the other side of were I ride.    Chico is a small town, but slowly, but surly were turning into a huge city.  :(   And then the people who moved here to escape the big city life will move to another small community and start the process all over again.  
The End of Nature that is.
Berry explosion.  Bird berries that is.
This is a Scarlet Fire horn.  The berries are not mature, but when they are they will be bright orange.  And a open banquet for birds and mice. 
Lot's of berries.
If your lucky you'll see a flock of Ceder Waxwings eating these berries to there heart content. 
The picture below are not taken by me.


Another curious thing I found today on my ride.
I been watching some of the weeds along the road and well this one has fruit on it.   I have no idea what these are, but I'm going to say there not edible.
Beautiful flower.
Holy shit,  a seed pod from your nightmares. 
Yikes, I felt like this could be in a Alien movie were it wrapes around your face.
Or it looks like mammoth tusk.
Well me being curious I wanted to see what was in side the green pods and it was so fibrous and hard I could not break it.  It was so sticky, I had to wash my hands after I was done.  
Well here the low down the seed pod I'm holding is inside the green pod, but not split.  It's in a single unified rope.  And it's crazy hard and strong.   I've opened up seed pods before, but this one is the hardest I've ever encountered. 
Lot's of green pods, lot's of dried out one's and lot's of huge bushes along the road.   
I was trying to think what on earth could eat this pod. I'm sure something does, but dang it got to have some pretty hefty teeth. 

This is a Gambles Quail, but it will do.  Notice anything weird?  It has two top knots.  Well I was riding along a area that has a lot of quail and I saw a California quail with two top knots and one was facing forward the other one was facing backwards.   Boy that sure got my attention.   Don't see that everyday.











                            Well phttttt.   I had a huge brain fat.   Yesterday I was looking through my mileage and could have sworn I made a mistake.  I confused the TRP with the Total TRP.  (Trip and Total Trip).    So just know I finally figured out I was making a big deal over nothing.   (Rolling eyes)   I do this all the time and some times it can get down right embarrassing.   When your talking to someone and all of a sudden the concept of North Coast and East Coast totally does not make sense.   And there looking at you like your from the loony bin.   I just have to roll with it. 
Sometimes on rides I will be counting how many more miles I have to go and it will be like this.
     24, 25, 26, 48, 59, 60.     Rolling eyes. Sigh...      I literally have to stop my self shake my head and it will take me about three more times to get it right.   And this is one that get's me all the time I'll be looking at my speedometer and have it on average speed and wonder why it's not moving in miles. Arrrggghh!     Oh well move on and move forward. 



No comments:

Post a Comment