Wednesday, September 6, 2017

100.1 MILES WOW & GOING FERAL.

 Well yeah I went Feral today!   I got up at 6:30 am and met up with the WOW.   We did Keefer Loop and we did a sprint to the end of 99.  Then we practiced a rotating pace line.  Fun.  Chris E is a excellent teacher. Awesome group of riders. 
A friendly dog decided it need to make friends with us.  But in the middle of the road was not a good idea.  It was so beautiful next to the river. One jerk in guess what?  A huge white truck, turned the corner and threw rocks.  Uhhggg.    Jerk wad.    


After that coffee at the Red Tin cafe'. There was a huge cycling gang already there drinking cold brew, and yacking up a storm about burgers.   Lot's of bikes in the bushes.   Yikes $5.25 for a ice coffee.  Say what, well that is what I was charged.  I was looking at all the other coffee's and they were like $2. $3.  So yeah.   When back into see if I could get a refill and got a free coffee.  Well at least he own up to his mistake.   Took a relaxing break with the girls, then on the way home I snapped.  I call it going feral.  Something in my brain clicks and I go all our focused.  100 miles.  I can do this and I did.    And I bested my last time of 7 hours and 12 minutes.  Well It would have said 7 hour and 9 mintues, but I move the bike and it when up a number.  LOL Big deal.   
The speedometer read 7 hours and 10 minutes.
Reality  7:30am to 5:43p.m.   I took all my breaks, kept hydrated and ate lunch and what not.  Not into Bonking and I didn't.    
For the first time my legs did not wig out.  cool. 
As for soreness. The back of my neck is on fire????   For some reason the jersey was chafing the back of my neck raw.   Don't know why.  So yeah my neck hurts.   As for every thing else I'm fine.
But I'm taking a break tomorrow.  




There all 100 mile photo's.   

No comments:

Post a Comment