Tuesday, September 19, 2017

43.9 WOW & THE DOUBLE WHAMMY!

 Today was a hard ride.  I was hopping after around 6 miles I would dig my self out of the bleh... but that didn't happen so I sucked it up and kept going.  
Right out of the gate we were stopped on the road, due to aLmond  picking, so we all had to turn back and take another route.   
Wow it was windy to day so I think every one got their minerals.   We had a aLmond truck pass us and yes there were aLmond falling off, so they became amond, because the L got knocked out of them. ;)    

Saw a foal in a field so cute, when it saw us coming us and going by it got excited and went into popcorn mode, exploding with excited energy.   Also saw very large hogs taking a break under a tree. They were huge!!!.

The ride was going fine until we left Hamilton and I had a double whammy!   Front & Back tire went flat at the same time.   Holy crap!   So I'm watching everyone disappear.....help....!  

Luckly two of the WOW women circled back to help me.  Whew!
 
 Changing a tire is fricken hard!  
I know what to do, but getting the back tire off was a (son of a *****)  it was like it was glued.  I struggled with it then my friend Miranda struggled with it.     So we finally got it off.   Yes I did put some skin in on changing the tires, but the back on I did need help.  Go figure the front tire I could have blown on and it came off so easy I was like, why couldn't the back tire be the same.   The back wheel had glass in it and the front wheel had a dragon head, or bull horn in it.   One of the lady let me have her spare tube, so I need to make good on getting her a new on.
And I need to get a pump soon......I need a lot of things.  
So both tire were pumped, but not to max, they were about 80 a piece, so the ride home was squishy.   And OMG   on the ride home we encounter glass all over the road.   I had to stop and check my tires again because the glass was that bad.   

So all in all it was a good ride and I managed to stayed up right on the bike so maybe tomorrow I'll feel better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment