Monday, September 25, 2017

42.1 MILES & WOW REDDING RIDE SACRAMENTO RIVER TRAIL




Well I'm not fighting were it wants me to type this time.  So down this far is fine.  
WOW!!!!!! This was such a awesome ride with awesome ladies.   Yeah and thats me miss reading the time.  Yup I got up a 5:00 this morning and was ready to rock.  And for a while I really thought I was left behind, so I went home and texted the group. :(   Well it turned out they had not forgotten about me.  Boy did I feel stupid. 
Thank Becky Warren for organizing the trip and Besty Ingram for giving me a ride to the event.  

The weather was 100% perfect for the ride and yes I saw turtles.
 Getting ready to roll.










Beautiful Sundial bridge in Redding. 













           Getting to our first rest stop. 














                                                                9.8 miles to go.   Holy bear crap, their was a lot of just that on the trail. 

  WOW practicing our gang signs.  
Miranada is our gang leader. 











How can you not like going thought a tunnel. 
Resting and catching up with unexpected friends, before the climb to the Dam.
Contemplating figs.    Oh man the whole tree was loaded, but not one rip fig.   The tree was Huge.!!! 

Got to do a selfie by the sign.







 Getting to the top.




 Hey look there is Shasta. 



And a bat squeezed in the middle of the concrete slab.  It's the squishy thing in the middle. 






























R&R







This is the Friend Bench.   

We had a really scary thing happen on the way back.   When climbing up the hill we had to go around a hair pin turn.  Going slow we all forgot how hair pin it was.  I went around it at 15 miles an hour and holy crap that is the closest to crashing I have ever come. The other girls made it and poor Billie did not, she did not crash but rather got stuck in the dry underbrush. :( :(    I was not there, but was waiting for them to come down the hill with half of the group. Two of the other women had to pull her out and she got jabbed on her arms and legs really bad.  So no that was not fun to see her come down all bloody and we still had 8 miles to ride. So yeah Billie a real trooper.   And Miranda was also bloody from a little spill, so there was a lot of blood.  :(      Thankfully after we all had some to nom on Becky took Billie to the hospital to get fixed up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment