Wednesday, September 27, 2017

72.4 Miles & Some Serious Pain Managment.

 WOW as in WOW!   Really killed it today and it was a great day to suffer.
But considering I've been riding for four days straight with no breaks.  Oh my ouch.   Yes I can feel it in my legs and I'm so so sore.   Ouch~~~~  But I found several tricks to make the pain lessen and it worked.  Other wise I would have stopped.  Nope not giving this one away.  So in 4 days I racked up the miles 160.8 miles to be exact.    And I only have 21 miles left to get to 600 miles, with three days left.  YES! 
I really did go that fast this time, so the ride took longer as you can see with my average speed.  
Along the way I did two sprint.   
The first one I did at 50 miles.  Yes I am a stinker and I could not help my self.   A skinny guy in a green shirt was coming up behind me and he was like I'll pass this fat ass and show her a thing or two.  His smirk is what got me started.  So yeah I dropped his ass, he did chase me and managed to get to Manzanita ave.  He when under on the bike path and I cross traffic so he got ahead of me.  Now here is were the mean part come in.  I tailed him at 23 miles an hour and he kept looking at his speedometer and looking stressed.
He stopped at the little hill and I went to Horse shoe lake.  

Stopped for water at Hooker oak park and was treated to a raft of ground squirrels having fun.  There must have been about 9 of them.  So cute.

 Got to 1 mile and I had to bleach my eyes.  There was a skinny guy wear a waist high zebra print spandex.  WHY!   And as I'm filling my water bottle as I look over and try to enjoy the pool, I can't help notice he's peeing on the tree. 

So yeah.   Men bathrooms are open and he's water the tree.

Did another sprint at 65 miles and this one was fun.   I was crossing back over Manzanita and this guy on a mountain bike cross came around the corner and we both got on to Vaollumbrosa  at the same time.   So for two miles we both put the metal to the peddle.   26.4 miles an hour of flying fun.   He seemed really surprised.
That was a great way to end the ride after that time to go home and R&R.

So onward and forward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment