Friday, September 22, 2017

Bernhardt-Roth syndrome

Or Meralgia Paresthetica.

Well this is why I am feeling crappy. The pain really got bad so I went to Enloe and had it checked out with a Ultra sound and it turned out to be this. Bernhardt-Roth syndrome.
Which occurs in men more than it does women.
The causes?   Well the main one was my blood clot back in 2012, back then it made this really bad, in fact so bad I had to put a piping hot bladder on my thigh to get any relief, I did this routine for a full months and I was bed ridden for this full month too.   On the day it finally when away my hubby handing me the pipping hot water bladder on my thigh, I grabbed it and yelled at him for trying to burn me.   He then explained that for the whole month that is how hot it had to be for me to feel better.  I was like shit really.   Over the year after the clot and before we got the bikes it would act up hear and there, but nothing like that one month, or now. 
I was thinking to my self earlier about what could have set it off.   Yes cycling is a culprit, I will not deny that. The only bike ride that made both my thighs sore was on 9/12/2017 to Cohasset. No burning sensation or stinging.   But another culprit is wearing too tight of cloths.  My Cycling shorts.  They are the right size for me, but they go right over the area I'm having problems with.   So In a week we'll find out, but that is my suspicion.   So for right not no bike riding until I find out if it the shorts, or what else it is.      
And :(   This means possibly forgoing the Redding Sacramento River Trail Ride.   😭 
I'm going to see how I feel the day before and if it's still giving me this much pain, it's a no go.   

No comments:

Post a Comment