Tuesday, November 26, 2019

15.11 MILES & WINDY ASS KICKING RIDE.

 So yeah today was not a easy ride.   And I totally underestimated how ice cold the rain was going to be. It was like needles, then add small snow peas to those needles.  OMG it's was so cold, and then the wind.   This is what you called a self inflicted ride, I knew what I was getting into.   I've ridden in 40 to 45 mph wind gust and it's can he a little unnerving when the bike gets pushed around.  The wind today was 20 mph with wind gust at 50 mph.  This was a very slow and focused ride.  I was not flying around corners, I was making sure I was not getting knocked off the bike, that how strong the wind was.   One moment your getting pushed the next minute your bike is wobbling or getting pushed off to the side of the road.   This was like major hill climbing from hell.
At one point on a flat I was getting pushed 18 mph, with out peddling, then I would have to slow way down and navigate the corner that was like hitting a wall.

The rain was light, to hard with some hail here and there.  But it was melting fast, except when hitting my face.

Well my cycling rain coat works, but I fail to notices it has not zipper.  Seriously!  It has Velcro.  It stayed closed only half way up and would not stay closed half way down.  Ugghhh.   But either way I'm still glad to have it. 
 Make sure my speedometer does not die.


 I don't understand people!  Why do people use leaf blowers on windy days.  WHY!
And there were people watering there lawns with sprinklers. Seriously!      Aggghhh!
 So yeah here is were I had to turn around.  There was no way I could ride forward on this road.  The wind was so strong going towards me peddling was impossible.  This is a first.   I had no choice but to turn around. 
 I stopped to take this photo.   None of my photo today were taken while riding.  Other wise I would have landed in a ditch.
 So yeah I'm colder than a ice cubes in a tray.  At mile 13, my little mental flag when up.   Home, going home, too cold. Home.   My arms and legs looked like I had the worst case of sunburn ever, bright red.  I look like a Lobster.
When I got off the bike I felt like my legs were made of rubber, and I was high stepping at the same time.   Well I high stepped my ass right inside and crashed.   I was super tired and my legs were itching really bad.


My victory meal PIZZZZZZA!


For this month I'm at 498.92 miles.   So I'm happy.   So much better than 54 miles that was last year.     




No comments:

Post a Comment