Sunday, November 3, 2019

20.12 MILES & A LAZY APPLE DAY RIDE

 Well first thing, first.  My front tire was at 40 pounds of pressure and I had to pump it back up and make my way to Sports LTD that luckily is OPEN on SUNDAY!!!!!!!  So I got it fixed.   It's been flat city lately, not fun.   But what is fun is that I'm 150 miles into this month.   



Just did a small ride today and went apple picking.  OMG the tree is so over loaded it's crazy.  There so sweet.   Store bought apple are the pit's.  People buy them for the looks rather than the taste.  If you know your apple it's the one's that look small misshapen that are the sweetest.    When people what perfection you get a apple that look perfect, but the first bite taste like card board.    I remember one time S&S had the most beautiful peaches ever I was fooled.  I bought one and had to throw it away.  It looked good, but the taste was so bland and nasty. 

Back to apples.  I remember sitting up in the apple tree eating unripened apples.  (Lemon face)   OMG what on earth was I thinking.  I could not wait for the apples to ripen.  And when they did I was right there in the tree eating them until I get sick.   Gravenstein apples are my go to apple.  The tree would produce frankstein apples that the stores would never sell. Bumpy, lumpy, misshapen glorious flavorful apples.    



I really don't know the variety of these apples.  Naming apples is like bird watching. You know it's a bird, but what stage of molt is it in and how old is the bird, and what season is the feather for.   
If it has a beak, feet, feathers and flyes it's a bird.
If it has a steam, comes from a tree, has apple seed, it a apple.
There solved that problem.

I'm going to make some pies and freeze them.  
We don't celebrate thanks giving.  The holiday and the same meaning as Columbus day and Christmas Meh.

So instead I'm just going to make some seasonal pies for the end of the year.

HUM BUG ME!  

If you love pumpkin pie, persimmon pies are out of this world.   I have to say even better than pumpkin pies. 
 Copy and Paste  these if you want to check out my recipes.



https://susenkitchencorner.blogspot.com/2014/11/pumpkin-pie.html
https://susenkitchencorner.blogspot.com/2014/11/persimmon-pie.html
                                                                                        Wait what no Apple pie?   (??)  I don't know I guess I never got around to doing a video or blog.  LAMO   

And side note:  Carry a few in your back jersey so if someone in the pelaton does not listen to directions you can pop them in the head.   HA HA!!!!!
                                                                                 




No comments:

Post a Comment