Wednesday, September 18, 2019

21.18 MILES & GETTING MY ASS KICKED!

 Awesome day to get some self inflicted ass kicking.    OMG!  I was riding back and forth waiting for the rain to come, like a tiger stalking prey.  And from how I was dressed you can clearly see I was not in the right clothing.   I assumed that the rain would be warm like earlier.  Boy was I wrong.
 I decided to do hill repeats, so around in a circle I went.
 I took a photo every time I made a lap.  The clouds were moving fast.

 Darker


 And darker.
 I should mention I only did 3 laps.
 Me pissing of the weather god.   I was like all these dark clouds and no rain, what give.    Just after this photo I got my answer, well no rain yet, but lighting.   So yeah I got a eye full and was like too close....too close.  Started headed back down the bike path.   I have ridden in Thunderstorms before and try to keep a healthy distance from the lighting, when it's right over head and your next to a power line.  Um no.  But what can I say I ask for it.  LOL
 Never less I got some really cool shots.
 Storms a brewing right over head.
 Last look, before I decided to head back to the main road.   Why no more photos you might ask.  I got walloped.   On the way to Bruce road I started to see bit of hail hit the ground and I was thinking frozen peas.  

I got pummeled for 1.2 miles. No not very far, but it was so bad I could not see where I was going.  It was the works frozen peas and the hardest rain I've ever been in.    I was laughing my ass off.  It was so cold and the wind really picked up so I was freezing my ass off. 

So
Thunder Storm: 1
Me:    0.  

I can tell you one thing, it get the adrenaline going.
Today was a fun day.  




No comments:

Post a Comment