Sunday, September 15, 2019

BLACK BUTTE TRIATHLON VOLUNTEER


Was a big day yesterday.  When it come to running and cycling Jenni is a power house.  I can't do what she does.  Run 3 miles, ride 16 then jump off the bike and run another 3 miles.  I could probably make it a half mile them my left leg would start complaining and I would be dead in the water.   So I'm there to make sure she does the best job she can.  Which she goes above and beyond. 

Luciana and I got a little cooked in the sun, but to keep the all the cyclist safe it was worth it.   So glad I had my Run Loco hat, it came in handy.    

 Started out a 6:00 am today .
 One of the racers.
 Bike racks not filled all the way.


 And Jenni noming before the race.  
Coffee Lady!  





















And more ladies to sign you in.
 Snacks to go with coffee.
 Filling up.

Racers getting marked with numbers.

 Jennies marked leg and running timer on her leg.  As soon as the race start and she crosses the start mat the timer start and stop when she finishes.

 And look just finished the 3 mile race with his dogs. No!  Just had some fun with this guy and his dogs.  
 More people coming in.
 Lot's of dogs.   This guy was practicing his winning pose.
 Safety meeting.

 The course for swimming, running and cycling.
 One of Jennies Friends.

 Janelle
 Well I would have gone down to the lake and taken more photo, but I was off to the area I was stationed at.
 Off they go! In all directions.
 Luciana and were in charge of saftey.   All the cyclist had to come to a complete stop and put one foot down before they could continue.
Now remember some of these people are just coming out of the water from swimming.
 This was a really bad road and it had a blind spot.  Generally the people in the cars were nice and listen to us.  But we had about 4 Jerks.    We had cyclist crossing the road and a (((( BIG WHITE TRUCK))) With two dick less twerps, tried to go around me, which would have cause them to hit a cyclist, I was like hell no and stood my ground.  The toddlers in the car could not handle coming to a stop for a minute.   Then we had a impatiens person hauling a boat who decided to do a u-turn around the blind spot.  I yell at him STOP! Because he would have ran into another one of the cyclist. 


 I had to use my best judgement at the end because no one told me the time trial was over.   And I was hot and thirsty and very hungry.  Who knew flag holding was a calorie burner.  LOL
 FOOD!  YES PLEASE!

 Victorious Jenni with her medal and award.  I kind of crap out here I was really tried and stuffing my face in the back ground while everyone was getting there awards.
 Beer, food and lot's of talking and resting.    I'm like why the hell am I complaining about being tired. There the one's who did the Triathlon and Duathlon.  LOL
 On my way home I spotted Pelicans.  How cool is that.
It's not uncommon for them to come inland to roost and breed.

No comments:

Post a Comment