Saturday, June 15, 2019

23.11 MILES & THAT'S ALL.


Well 23.11 miles is better than no miles.  Started off riding with hubby and 3 miles in one of the spokes came undone,  it did not break, the little nub fell into the tire.  So I was riding with a rattling sound inside the wheel.  So hubby continued on with the rest of his ride and I jumped in the car with the tire and went to Sport LTD were Frankie aka Fast Frankie fixed the rattling.  

How annoy people in a group ride pour beads into the holes in the rim, apply tape and you'll soon find your self make lot's of friends.     Wonder what that would sound like at 23 mph at the Crits.   LOL

Well I discovered why my face was so sore yesterday, yeah I got stung!  But I got stung two times.  So it was not a bee, I think it was a wasp or hornet.  It feels better today,  yesterday it was super tight and aching.  That when I noticed another raised area next to the sting spot.  Lovely!   I got a week more to deal with the soreness and tenderness of the area, well at least it's not tight anymore.     The last time I was stung by a bee was 27 years ago when I was 18.

































2 comments:

  1. The faster you ride the less sound the spoke nipple makes although I'm surprised that it first fell off because I assume there was no time tape

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, when it's attached. Do you mean rim tape? It was tapped off. My friend Frankie, took the tire off, put it on a truing device, removed the tape, spun it several time and the nipple came out.

    ReplyDelete