Saturday, June 1, 2019

HELPING OUT AT RUN LOCO

 Wait what no bike.   OMGAWD what wrong with me.   Nothing!  Had a great time helping Jenni here and there.  Diced oranges, made PB&J's and rang a bell when runner got close to cheer them one.

Here station was for people who were running 100 miles.  DANG!   Her husband was one of them, sadly he hurt the back of his leg and had to opt out, but still he done it before, so total respect.  Cycling 100 miles is one thing, running is a whole new ball game.  I can do 100 miles in 7 hours.  He can do 100 miles in 22 hours.  So your going at it all     day     long.  

 How did I start the day.  Mass murder.  Not on purpose.  There was absolutely no way to avoid this because the butterfly were almost swarming.  And if your driving to a location to get there, there going to go splat.   So RIP to the butterfly I killed. :(








Jenni putting up signs.
 make the place look pretty.
 They had lot's of stuff.  Including Snickered  stuffed pickles.  (Record screeching in the back ground).  
What?????  That is what I thought.  What the hell is a Snickles.  It sounds like some thing gone terrible wrong.   But apparently it's a huge winner at running events. 

 So yeah this is what it is. Snickers inserted into pickles.  Yum!
My step father wanted to know if it was a pregnancy kit.









Hubby hubbying. 
There were an amazing array of insects flying around, lot's of annoying one's two.  No bitty ones at least. 
 And there were dog's with running shoes.   This guy was totally exhausted.  He walked over and laid down in the shade.  The owner who running left him at the next aid station.    People run with there dogs.  Some people try to run 100 miles with there dogs.   If I heard right some on in this race tried to run 100 miles with there dog and they were not allowed.  
 All ready now we wait and wait & did I mention wait.   Jenni's a trooper she got up at 6:00 am and will be at this station passed dark until around 2 to 3 am.   Go Jenni.  That volunteering dedication.
Chris and I stayed for about 4 hours I think.  






 Trees lot's and lot's of trees.


 And beetles.  We seen so many black beetles that look all the same, but get close up they were slightly diffrent.
Back in the woods in my element I took off and explored the area there are always hidden things in plane sight.  
 Lot's of glowing green moss growing on the trees.
We were pretty shady group we move with the shade.  Waiting for runner to come by.
Why did this bird have to be so dang far away and so fast.
So pretty, but not close enough to get any detail.  It was eating something probably butterfly. 
 Hmmm Wood pecker?   LOL  Hell yes a wood pecker OMFG Look at this tree and the hole was deep too.
 Look below my fingers you can see the other huge hole behind it.
 Very curious mushrooms.  Puff balls I don't know.  
This was the most amazing find.  A large mushroom, nothing exciting until you look underneath.









 This was so mesmerizing to look at.  At first I though it was sap, nope not sap.  A liquid like water.  But why was it clinging to the bottom of the mushroom when everything around it was bone dry?
 It's like being in a cave looking up at the ceiling of the cave.

 Hello beetle.
 Lot's of tall trees.
Jenni always take reflection selfies in my glasses so I thought I do one of my self in her glasses.









 Another beetle.  Every were you looked some thing was going on.
Spider all over the place.  With every step they ran undercover.  Getting a photo was very hard.
 Have no idea what this was.
Tiny almost unnoticeable.
 Hubby being silly, he peering from behind a tree in the middle.
 I'm not qualified to identify this flower.

 It amazing how you won't find any different plant then behind one tree you find this.


 Puzzle bark, natures abstract.
 Sap making interesting patterns on the bark.
 We've all move to the other side of the road.  Jeff now with us helping cheer on the runners who looked really perplexed why he was there. 

 Ant.  Might I add a big ant.
 Chipmunks are lucky they don't have to do dishes.


 OMG This beetle flew open wing smack into my hubbys face and landed right between is eyes.   I yelled just a beetle, so Chris let it do it's beeltly thingy.
 Can you see the beetle on him.  Now imagine lot's flying thought the air. 

 This is a lady beetle.  It's called a Twice stabbed Lady beetle.  How cool is that. 
I walk by the stump as it came out of hiding.  Then when I was done taking photos of it, was done with it's photo shoot and disappear back into the stump.  So talk about being lucky to see this.



Well I was not expecting to see something like this today, I removed a beetle from Jenni shirt and decided to take some photos of it on my hand.  Take a closer look and this beetle has mites or some kind of passenger. lot's of them too.  You can see them on it's legs. This is incredible what my camera can pick up.  


 Old barn.  What way too bright to take pictures of the out side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment