Thursday, June 13, 2019

48.13 MILES & AMERICAN RIVER TRAIL WOW RIDE

This was yesterday.  June 12th.   
What a awesome ride with the awesome ladies of WOW. 
Why am I not wearing my Wow jersey!  It was super hot 93 degrees on the way out and 104 on the way back.   I wanted to protect my self and my 24/hour jersey sleeves are long enough to keep my UV sleeves in place.   Had no trouble with them moving down.   My UV sleeves are a life saver.   Defenatly going to buy a couple more pairs. 
Becky to the right is one of our ride leaders.   Getting ready for the fun.
Meeting up at the park and ride.
Here we are.  And there a few more people were going to meet up with when we get there.

Off we go.
Rest stop.
Oh man I was falling asleep, long drives make me tired.  So coffee to the rescue.   Can you tell where some of the other riders are.
Yuba City is the City of the Chickens.  There every where. 
Found this in Beck's car.   LMAO.    This has lot's of potential.
Entering Discovery Park.
The Suzuki is part of our group.
Here we are.  So beautiful.
Everyone getting ready to roll out.
Here we go.
This was the best bike path.  It has solid yellow lines for no passing and dashed yellow lines for passing.
And every so often printed on the road it gave you information for how cyclists, runner and walkers should conduct them selves and it even gave speed limits for corners and so on.  There were lot's of areas that had bathrooms and rest stops.
Very beautiful ride.  Lot's of marshes.  And the path trailed back and forth along the river.  So yet it was hot, but we had that coolness of the shade and a pleasant breeze.  

Then we would veer away from the river and there would be less trees and no shade, then we would be back in the shade and so on.
Oh man I got walloped by a hornet here.  It hit me right underneath the ear and stung me.  Boy did that sting. I was lucky enough to swipe it off with my hand before it could pump in the poison.  So my face didn't swell.   But today it's raised and itches like crazy. 
The river is to the left.  
Taking a break and regrouping.  One of our members stopped for water and told no one.  So were not leaving her behind.
Pam was very adamant about keeping everyone off the bike path.   Their were lot's of cyclist going by very fast.








 At the turn around spot which turned out to be a huge water park. There was kids in life jackets all over the place.  There was so much to look I just decided to take a few photos. They had a huge water raft that was a slid and more. 
 Boats, paddle board and surfboards were staked all over the place.
 This place was really big.
SHADE and time for a break.  It's was getting hotter.
 Becky jumped right in. LOL  The water was so cold.
 I did not jump in, but I did wade in pretty far.  Felt like I was standing in a walk in freezer.
 Pam our other lovely ride leader.
 Why am I choking Becky?
She was telling me after the photo is done she going to dunk me in the water. LMAO. 
 Canadian Beggar Geese.
 Food?  Food?  Food?
Bold geese they were and not scared either.   I believe Billie was eating something while standing in the water and one of them try to pull it out of her hand.

Vogue shot.























 FOOD?
 R&R
 These are even a rare type of Canadian geese.  These are the Canadian Beggar Surfing geese.  There attracted to surf board and food.
 They got so close I thought they were going to peck my camera. 
 Time to go back.  Getting hotter.
 The shade was a life saver.
 Getting cooked.   My self I was fine.  Some of the girls were doing not so hot.  When we got back to the cars everyone was feeling really bad and sitting on the grown with stomach aches and heat fatigue.   :(     We were all suppose to go to the restaurant, but with some of the girls feeling so awful I don't blame them for just wanting to go home and relax. 
 I ended up going to 4 of the members to the restaurant. Across from it in a park were these large sculptures, so beautiful.



My new favorite Thai restaurant. The flavor of the food was incredible.
























 Tired, hot and hungry. Miranda is intently scrutinizing the menu.
 Elizabeth got this yummy looking Ice tea with coconut milk. 
Do you really think I'm not, not going to get another coffee.




















Thai ice coffee.  Yummy!














 A wall waterfall inside the restaurant.
 Happy time.   The food was amazing.
 I got Red Curry fried rice with shrimp.  It was absolute amazing, and the flavor was incredible. 
I divided the meal in half and took the rest home for hubby.   And I ate my have very slowly savoring each bite. 





Hey look I have over 8000 miles on my speedometer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment