Sunday, June 9, 2019

71.27 MILES & JENNIES SUTTER BUTTE RIDE

   Awesome day today, yeah it got up to about 93 degrees today and we had some bad spots with the wind gusting. But we killed it.   I stated off the day by doing laps in my neighborhood while waiting for Jenni to pick me up.  
 Getting to Gridely and unloading.
Were all ready to ride.    






















                





















Off we go.      





















Our destination.

 Passing the wild life sanctuary.
 I was very surprised to see smoke rising from the buttes.   On such a windy day too.  With all the fires we had and fire season starting this was really kind of unnerving.

     

 Rice fields.
 In this photo we had a large Grey heron fly over the road in front of us so cool.  The next picture is zoomed in.









 Below the white dot is the heron.
 Very big bird. 
It was closer to us. But when you take a photo it turn into a tiny speck.
 Lot's cute animals to look at on the ride.  Lot's of nanny goats.

 Now this was cool watched a plane land and reload with (??) something.   There was no nasty smell in the air, so it must have been seeds.

After he reloaded. He took off right over up. I got it on video.  I would share that but every time I try to load a video nothing. 

 Field of sheep.

 Eight St.  Paying respect to Chris Grandfather Mike Herity this is were he is buried.
 Fueling up.
 Back at it.
 We saw our first pig.  :D 
Been looking for one for a while.



 Shady ladies run in packs of three's.

 Took another break at the Wild life refuge.  Lot's of swallow tails nest, with babies.
 Home stretch and the I can smell the tacos.


 Janelle and Jenni have fun with my sun glasses again.
Ever wonder what I look like riding.  















 HORCHATA!   Rice mile with cinnamon OMG!
Good bike ride, good friend enjoying good food.  This is the life. 
 This was so yummy.
 Jenni is so in her element.  Taco's
 Chow down.




Closing in on 8000 miles on my speedometer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment