Wednesday, October 18, 2017

16 Miles NORTH RIM TRAINING (HILL TRAINING)

I can't believe it I got new batteries for my speedometer and it still did not work?  (?)   So I have a friend that live super close to were I live, so I got the mileage from her bike.     So today we did hill intervals with standing.  Yeah!   Not exactly my strong point, but I did it and it wears me out a lot faster.   I'm hell on wheels when I'm sitting, but become mush when I stand.  Oh well.   So we only did 16 miles, not a long ride.   The best part of the ride was the kids.  OMG!   It took some a while to catch on to my jersey, but some got it right away and started yelling  COOKIE MONSTER!!!!!   LOL  There was one little girl who was standing with her mom and excitingly waving at me so cute.  
I think my bike is going to need therapy, it's started to cry.   My  gears kept slipping, so every time I stood up and peddled I would be fine for a while then the gear would slip, that was really frustrating and slowed me down really bad.   In fact I had to stop two time to see if my bike was still alive.   I had to preform CPR several times, to keep it going.  Giving a bike CPR is not easy.  Well this got me aways behind the group,  but I kept plugging along and I went around when I got back to the starting point no one was there except for two riders, so I didn't know if they left or when around again.  I just assumed they went around, so I did another lap.  Then when I got done I realized they were gone.      So at least I knew were I was.   Not really upset, because I was really slow.  Oh my lower back was hurting, but amazingly when I got off the bike it went away pretty quickly, so that was nice.    

Now when I got home I had a unexpected surprise Betsy I guess had notice I was not with the group and went looking for me.   (Thank you)   My hubby and her and the neighbor were stressing because I was not home.   So I came home to three people looking really stressed.    I'm safe, just really tired. 

And guess what I'm doing tomorrow?  Spinning class with more standing.  I get to look at  Neil Armstrong on a big screen TV and feel really small.   LOL   


No comments:

Post a Comment