Friday, October 20, 2017

35.7 Miles with a side of no climbing.

 Well I had planned to ride up Cohasset.  Got started off with the group and passed Keefer road, put the chain into the lowest gear and start climb and then I heard the harp noise, then I learned that my derailleur was rubbing the spokes, not good.  I fiddled around with it to see what low gears would work on a climb with it out making that sound.  The third gear from the easiest did not make that sound, but I was not even going 5mph, I was going 2mph, so yeah I can walk faster than that.   I did not feel like risking my derailleur rubbing on the spokes all the way and damaging them and going up choasset at 2 mph was out of the question.  So I turn back and decided to ride down Keefer Road and back, then home.   So I still got a good ride in, even though I did not get to climb.  
When I headed back to Chico the group coming back down from Cohasset was not very far behind me.   So by the time I got to 1 mile, they were just turning the corner in less than 5 minutes.    One of the guys ask me "How do you keep hamming it out day after day?"
Well when I was 12 in 1986 I was in Germany when Chernobyl happen, the fall out mutated my DNA....get were I'm going with this.  LOL    Not joking about getting some radiation, I actually did.  

So guess what tomorrow is.  North Rim Training. :)   Were riding 47 miles tomorrow and by the time I get home it will be 51 miles. I'm not doing any climbing so I should be fine with every thing.  So bring it on!   




No comments:

Post a Comment