Sunday, October 8, 2017

45.8 MILES NORTH RIM TRAINING, WINDY & AWESOME!





It was super windy today, and I've probably eaten more dust to last me a life time.  Today ride was a taste of the orchards on a bike and mind you this was not food I'm talking about, it was all the crap in the air.   Yum....bleh.
Today was so much better than yesterday.  I had energy and felt fine on the ride.   We only did a 28 ish mile ride thought the orchards and stick to doing a single file rotating pace line. John group everyone, their's group 1 and group 2, then I was told I need my own special play pen with a 3 one it.  I really have a feeling that they don't know what to do with me. 😉 LOL     Well sorry folks I'll be back again and again.    If Hass start breaking down and crying oh well.   In cycling you got to be tough and be prepared for anything including me.  

Back to the wind.  On our ride out of town it was brutal, like sand storm brutal, we were being covered in dust so much so we were engulfed in it for a long stretch of road.  Bleh.   As we road it got better and the wind was at our back, then on the way home we were headed into the wind.  So yeah it was a hard good ride.  

After eating lot's of dust, and getting back to Chico we stopped by Bidwell Perk for coffee. Yummy.   Thank you for the Coffee John Wiesinger it hit the spot.

After coffee I was feeling still pretty good. So I headed up to Horse shoe lake, had a nice ride up, but holy shit on the way back LOL......LOL.     Um yeah you could say it was windy it was hell of windy I want to almost say it was harsher up there than on the whole ride.  The wind was so strong I could only maintain 12 mph and the side gust were throwing my bike to the side.   I was like shit.  Well actually I was laughing it was that ridiculous.  Got to wild wood panting and heaving like geeee wise I made it. That was harsh.   As I rode on from there it was windy, but I was had protection from houses and trees.  Got to 1 mile and while I was filling up my bottle there was a park ranger standing in front of me watching a guy taking a gas can to the water.  He was filling it up with water.   A guy suddenly comes up to the ranger and says a top of a huge tree came down on a birthday party crowd over in the park.  He said everyone scattered and miss being hit, but that really scary.   I was like nope I'm not riding home through the park, so I cut over to Humboldt passed Hass Beans and when home that way.  Tree are smaller.   I did managed to get wacked in the face by a bunch of flying leaves.  Oh and when we stopped for coffee and I looked in the mirror my face was so dirty.  I looked like I'd been playing in the dirt.  LOL  

Got home picked up hubby from studying and still felt really good, so I hit the Gym.   Did some stair steeping 3 floors that's 600 steps a 20 minute work out.   And I also did core building exercise and stretches.  And ended it with paying racket ball. Did a 1 and a half of exercise, so today was a very good day.  




No comments:

Post a Comment