Saturday, October 28, 2017

35.4 North Rim Training.


 This quote is true and from my experience.   However when people to answer the call of nature it become can we pee yet? LOL  Or as I found out a lot of people on the rides are commando style, run out into the bushes or hide behind a tree.  I have yet to go commando style.  

The ride started out pretty chilly this morning, but as always it warmed up.  Today was a short easy ride.  LOL  Well that is what John said and the average speed on my speedometer was 16.5.
Yeah I get I shouldn't have stayed up front so long.  Boy this ride was all over the more turns than you can shake a stick at.
There has been only two time when we did a sharp turn that I was like....ok were is the fricken road?  I closed my eyes and when with the flow.   That happened today, because the road was highly shaded and I had my sun glasses on.  So it look like John was leading us into nothingness.   Yikes!  But of course there is a road.    Another thing that was kind of scary on the ride today we were doing a double pace line on a smooth road.  Well I was on the inside toward the edge of the road.   And not blaming the person in front of me, but as I was going along the pace of the pack in front was ebbing and flowing and at one moment either it was hit the tire infront of me or scoot over to the edge of the road.....wait what edge?  Their is no room.  I hit the breaks, said FUCK! Freaked out the riders behind me, as I boogied along the edge of a steep gravel drop off.  I maintained my bike and flirted with almost crashing.  Yeah Big YIKES!

On this ride Steve Hass broke a chain.  It was decided that he was going to get a ride, so we all took off and when we all got to a stop sign low and behold Mr Amazing is riding in the far distance with a fixed chain.  I guessing he used his amazing lazer vision to melt the chain together. I guess we will never know. 

Toward the end of the ride nearing Chico I was at the back of the group riding with a guy in a bright yellow shirt.  We were going along and all of a sudden he was not behind me anymore.  So I yelled to the group, and I turned around.   A flat can drop you like a rock, so I wanted to make sure that is not what happened.   It was not a flat, he was just really far back.   So I rode with him and well he got a head of me and turn so quickly over a really small bridge I didn't see him, so I went straight ahead, and out of the corner of my eye I saw a yellow flash.   Oh!   So I got back on track. 

So tomorrow is the Crush ride. 47ish to 50ish miles. Because of were I live it will turn it into 50 miles. 
So yeah.  Time to keep steady paced and put my nose to the grind stone, because this will be my third day of riding.     I'm hoping to do my version of this ride.  The Crush ride which includes going up Clark Rd and back down Neil Rd.   I call it The CRUSH'ED, because of the climb.



No comments:

Post a Comment