Sunday, October 15, 2017

43.2 Miles NORTH RIM TRAINING

Well phtttt my speedometer died.  Again!    Great 43.2 mile ride.  I have a friend who live close to me so I was able to get a accurate mileage.

So I started off the ride with coming across a black cat with a horrible stick and big thorn stuck in it's paw.  I tried my best to call it over to remove the stick from it's paw, but I think it was feral.  :(   Poor little kitty.  It just have jumped down off a fence onto the stick.   I ran away from me, don't blame it, a huge blue creature with googly eyes is not exactly what a cat see's as friendly.  And I have no desire to run into some one back yard chasing a cat.  :(   So I can only hope he worked it free him self.   

So here my specs.
43.2 miles
17.5 Average speed.  Everyone in my group average were between 18ish and 17ish so I'll go low.  

What did we do?  We practiced roatiating pace line like the one shown in the picture and we also did this in reverse, depending on the wind direction.    We were flying, out group leader was almost in tears because everyone was spot on.   The ride was very smooth and hell a fast.    Another leader who ride a mountain bike also mention that we came back to Chico and it was still 11:00, so I think he was a bit amazed that we were going that fast.  
As we came into Chico I was feeling really tired, between hitting the gym and riding my legs were burning.  So I hung out at the back for the next two miles.  

Wednesday we will be doing Hill training. 

On the way home I got another surprise a Doe who seemed to be very frightened was running behind my bike for a while, that was unexpected. 

Taking a break tomorrow and possibly hitting the gym to do some more core work.    

 n

No comments:

Post a Comment