Monday, October 30, 2017

SAVED BY BROWN RICE

So yeah Oat meal, sucks.  I hate stuffing my self in the morning, before a long ride.  I don't eat big breakfast's so riding the bike to the meeting spot with a full stomach is not a nice feeling. I feel bloated. Yes of course once we getting going I'm fine.  I literately have to force feed my self and I'm getting really sick of it.  Why Oat meal?    So if your going insane like me and you need a break and need to fine another alternative to break the monotony.  Here is what I came up with.

You can make this the night before and you can eat it cold.  So this really saves time, because you don't have to heat it up.

So here is the Recipe.

1 cup cooked cold brown rice.

My hubby really like One table spoon of peanut butter and some brown sugar. 

Time to get creative.  So here is what you can add.
Tablespoon of peanut butter.
 Raisins
 Chopped fruit of any kind Bananas, figs, cherries, you name it.
 Honey
 Nuts of any kind
 Or if you have a tasty idea try it out.  

Yeah it might get boring after awhile too, but at least you can switch back and forth.   I've already tried it and I really like the switch.   And the plus side is it's also easy to digest and it almost mirrors oats in health benefits.    And it saves my sanity.  LOL

Here is a extra rice recipe included from my Susen's Kitchen Corner Blog site.  Brown rice cooks the same, with the exception that you use 2 cups of water and you should let it steam longer.    

https://susenkitchencorner.blogspot.com/
Here is the link, yes I don't post as much as I use to, but I have lot's of easy recipes to scroll thought if you curious about how I eat. ;)

HOW TO COOKE RICE OR AROMATIC RICE:
 If you just want to make regular white rice just don't add any extras, it's that simple. But if you do add away.  What I like to do after the aromatic rice is done cooking is add a little cheese to the top and add hot chili garlic sauce, mix it up and yummy.  And if you haven't noticed I like to be very exacting with my rice.

= means equal

1CONVERSION FOR RICE:  1 1/4 CUP = 288 KILO = 8 5/8 Oz = 245 GRAMS = 17 TABLESPOONS.

FOR WATER 32 TABLESPOONS IS EQUAL TO 1 3/4 CUPS


INGREDIENTS

1 1/4 CUP LONG GRAIN RICE

2  CLOVES GARLIC. DICED.

A HAND FULL CILANTRO DICED WITH THE GARLIC.

1 BAY LEAF

1/8 TEASPOON TURMERIC POWDER

1ST WASH STARCH OFF RICE. RINSE ABOUT 3 TIMES AND DRAIN WATER THE BEST YOU CAN.

2ND. ADD 32 TABLESPOONS OR 1 3/4 CUP WATER TO RICE.
 FOR ONE CUP OF BROWN RICE 2 CUPS OF WATER.  

3RD. PUT THE POT ON THE STOVE.

4TH. PUT LID ON, AND BRING TO A BOIL. AS SOON AS YOU SEE BUBBLES COME TO THE TOP AND TOUCH THE LID, TURN DOWN TO LOW.

5. AS SOON AS YOU SEE THE RICE IT SELF AND LITTLE TO NO BUBBLES COMING OUT OF THE RICE. SHUT THE BURNER OFF AND REST RICE FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTE MORE.

6. ENJOY RICE.

                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment