Tuesday, March 13, 2018

28.7 MILES & SOAKED IN THE RAIN

 RAIN!  Lot's of rain.   Stepped away from my bike to fill up on water and did not come back to a dry seat.  LOL   AND NO! Short shorts, hell no.
The ride stated out actually pretty warm so I only had my Jersey and Jacket on that it.  And I was really hot at one point I even unzipped my jacket, then it started raining, not a cold rain but rather a warm rain.   I didn't see any other cyclist today I was all by my self.  Oh god is my bike dirty, like really muddy and dirty.   

 Very few people were milling around.

                                                                                 Had to cut the ride short today other wise I would have kept going.   
And my poor speedometer is taking a beating.  It's no the top part that being affected it's the bottom bracket that getting soaked and causing the failure in the upper part.  Just have to hope it drys out. 



Lush plant.  Every thing looks greener when it's over cast and wet.  I did some nom nom here.  The picture I took of the miners lettuce did not turn out well so I added picture below, not mine.  But it shows you what it looks like.  Yummy. 
I was very pleasantly surprised how sweet it was. Different areas produce different taste.  It can range from bitter to mildly sweet to sweet.  This was very sweet.   Sweet as lettuce or Romain can get.   It is great for salads.
 Yippy it's windy and rainy.
 I've been making all this jewelry, so I made something for my self. You could say I'm Geared to cycling.
 My Bib had it coming.   Took the scissors out and cut along the seam on the left leg and got rid of the tightness of the leg.  
 Wet, Rainy & windy a bit. 
 Can't wait to do the Pie ride tomorrow Rain or Shine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment