Thursday, March 15, 2018

46.7 MILES & DRENCHED

 I really miss my speedometer, I feel like I'm cycling blind because I have no idea how fast I'm going or how long.  But I did really good 46.7 miles.   Google Maps helps, it will have to do for now.

I have a darker side to me. 
No it's help keep the water out of my nose.  LOL

Apparently I'm a Bad Ass. LOL  Well by the looks of this pictures I creepy bad ass.  I was thinking may be I should carry a rusty chain saw on my back.  LOL
Boy did I get the looks today.  The WTF looks.  

 It was so so cold and chilly, and I was so soaked. I was fine with my jacket on, but from the legs down and shoes I was sopping.   My pockets were even filled with water.  Oh no my camera!!!!  I thought I lost my camera, because it was submerged in water.   But it still works. 
The rain was very icy and very cold, like needles of ice.  

 This is were I wanted to start the ride. 
Chico Canyon Rd. 
Nom nom  nom.   Grazed on some miners lettuce.   Take the flowers off and yummy.   I forgot my cliff bar, so this did the trick.  I really didn't want to go home, I just wanted to keep riding.   I did 5 laps back and forth from Horse shoe pond to Eaton.  
 Wholly Critolly.  Riding into the wind back up to Wild wood was a Bitch.   I had to stop and take a breather. 

I was amazed to see so many runners out and about, with short and t shirts.  It was so cold and I was bundled up and there basically in summer gear.  What gives. 

And another thing why on earth was to day the day of chihuahua out and soak chihuahau's?   I told a guy who had three tiny dogs about how cold his dogs looked, and he just look at me and said there just dogs they can deal with it.  
                                                                           
                                                                  You can show a human that they have brains, but you can't make them use them.   


 Danger when it's wet these thing become like ice.   I hit one and slid on it sideways, that wakes you up.  



On my way down to 1 mile I ran into John Wiesingers  hill repeat group.   He roped me into being there Paparazzi intern.   Pretty good size group considering it was not good weather.   
But considering who on earth would follow him.  Ha ha Just kidding.


On the way home I did two laps around Chico Canyon Rd and had a close call as I crossed Manzanita Ave.  
There was no cars coming to my left and a white car still not around the round about.  So I started to cross.  Now check this out.  I'm in the next lane and the fucking dick in the white car guns it.....WTF?   He slammed on the breaks and slid to a stop right in front of me.   He had no reason to gun it.   Dude when your that far back from the cross walk and people are crossing it does not mean speed up.     On my way down from to Horse shoe pond I saw two people drive into the entrance of the park and the driver and the girl where sucked into there phones.  He drove quite aways with out looking up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment