Thursday, March 1, 2018

33.6 MILES STRONG WIND, RAIN & HAIL

 In the words of Spock  "Surprisingly I am alive" 
Yesterday ride as brutal, today's ride was brutal, but I actually had fun and considering I felt great through the rain, strong wind gust and hail.    The hail and rain was off and on and at least this time it hit me from the side and not directly in the face.   Today the temperature was a lot warming and not bone chilling.   The rain was like the hail spotty and the wind could not make up it mind.  The first ride up to Horse shoe lake, was really nice, on the way back not so nice.   Then on the second round it was just the opposite and it was getting darker and darker with storm clouds.
 Tree down in the park.  Stop by the drinking fountain to top off my water. 


   The picture below is of a lone Common Merganser Female duck with the wild punk rock hair do.   I tried to find the male no luck.   So as you can see from the picture to the left male and female.   Very beautiful to see in the wild. 
Taking a duck break on the bridge of Khazad Doom.  (Lord of the rings)

 It's raining and as I ride back down hail. Yippy.

 Out of the rain and hail for now.

 I went back and fourth 3 times. 
 Awwww this is so cute.  Ma ma leading baby cat's.  
 Hmm side walk going some where?   I seen this yesterday and I just had to ride up it.    It's a roller coaster ride side walk.  But I have to make sure no one is walking on it.  It was fun and very steep going down hill.   Make for a great short climb back up, very very (VERY) steep.     It's a mini terror.

On the way home I rode over those yellow handicap bumpy side walk thingies and on the side slid sideways way too far than I wanted. That scared the crap out of me.  It was like hitting ice.  Not to self avoid yellow bumpy thingies.  
 33.6 Miles.   When I got two mile from home, my speedometer stopped at 31.4 miles.  (???)  I just put new batteries in it yesterday, so it has to be the mud, gunk and rain that did this.    I'm going to have to clean out the battery casing. 


In Later news:   About the Challenge, Yeah I know I use the word wager, opps.  LOL, but it's a challenge.  Oh well.

Here is what I have to do
 900 for March 
900 for April
900 for May
900 for June.   
That's a total of   3,600 miles. 
Riding non stop rain, shine or hail.  



No comments:

Post a Comment