Monday, March 26, 2018

Cycling whats that?



 Did I mention my legs hate me.   Work is good, don't get me wrong.  But I miss cycling.  
This week has been nothing but driving and playing touch tag with the rain.  Two window don't have cover, so if it rains paint does not stick.     On 22nd I had to stop painting because some clouds came over and holy crap it was coming down like crazy hard. Big huge drops and cold.  My bucket was a quarter full of water, when the shower was over my bucket run over.  So yeah no painting, the clouds behind it were to dark and foreboding.   I was inside watching it and thinking to my self if I had got stuck out in that, that would have been the pits.  Getting drenched would have been a understatement.  With it coming down that crazily I would have gone for cover.   I've seen it go from crazy hard rain to crazy big hail.   That terrifying and to be on a bike with big hail is terrifying.   I can do small hail.   If it got any bigger I would hid under the cement pick-nick tables or a car, if I can get to on.  The worst hail storm I've seen in Chico was October 10th the sky was a strange Orangeish and pink color and toward the horizon was a huge dark cloud going in a circle.   I was on driving toward sky way with our old van crossing 99 and all of a sudden literally all hell broke lose.   It stated hailing like crazy and it was piling up like snow.  It was hailing so hard that I could not hear my radio anymore.  It sounded like a freight train.  If fact all the cars that stopped and were parked waiting for it to stop.   I was like Fuck this shit I'm going home.
And I was the only car moving and I got home.  Now for getting out of the car and making it through the door that was scary as shit.   Yes I screamed and I scared the crap out my poor cat.  Because Fiona waits for me by the door like a dog.  Poor kitty. 

So yeah a little bit of hail ok,  shit loads of hail not ok.   Lesson learned. 
I was going to do a bike ride, but yet again Maryville/ Yuba city is calling me.   So maybe when I get back.   
Yesterday we drove to the Sutter Buttes.
 A small pond with lot's of turtles, I'd say over 100 and I'm not joking.



This picture below if you look to the right.

 Stopped by the Sutter Cemetery to say hi to Grampa Heraty and refresh both of the graves flowers.









No comments:

Post a Comment