Monday, April 16, 2018

16 MILE & HOLY SHIT



 What are you talking about menacing clouds, they're just gentle flowing clouds.  NOT!  
I got my ass kicked by the weather today.  Holy shit! This was a suffer ride.   
The first part of the ride was dry and cold that's about it, but when I rode past Winco there was a light drizzle I was like, I've got this.  Every thing was fine until I rode up to Horse shoe lake.   The Hail & Rain was horrible.  The big drops of rain were so so cold and it was hitting me like needles and the rain was falling straight into my face so looking forward was almost impossible, then it started to hail hard (FUCK).  So it went from stinging rain hitting me in the face to stinging hail in the face.   And I was drenched like a wet rat.
I learned my lesson, don't ride in this type of weather.  By the time I road back to wild wood dealing with everything I was completely exasperated, I was like FUCK!  It looks like I'm crying in the video, but I'm not I am just at my wits end.  If you want to see what I look like at my wits end I posted it on Chico Area Group Rides. 

Hiding at the Gun Club, it the only area with shelter. This is a first.
























Thunder storm 1
Me 0
 I was beat, and while I was taking a break at wild wood there was thunder above.   For the sake of my sanity I didn't go back up to Horse shoe lake I went home.   


Almost home.





































No comments:

Post a Comment