Friday, April 6, 2018

40.23 MILES & SWIMMING

 Great rainy ride today.   And holy shit I got soaked.   Before I ventured out I used a plastic bag and a rubber band to ensure my (NEW SPEEDOMETER)  didn't get wet.  The first 10 miles of the ride was brutal.  It was not cold, but the rain was coming right at me and it felt like needles. My mask was useless, the rain just turned it into a face sponge.  And when I had it on it fogged up my glasses so bad I was riding blind.  It was so bad for a while I just took my glasses off.  Riding into the wind with the rain coming down was very hard.   And because I could not see very well I managed to go through ever puddle know to man kind.  Some areas I could not avoid.  Splash!   Today was not a fast ride.  
Did I mention the wind.   The Eaton loop is hellish.  Going is fine because I have the wind at my back, but as soon as I come back I was going 8 to 10 miles an hour.  Seriously!  Then the wind could not make up it's mind wich way it wanted to blow.   OMG!  One minute it's pushing me ahhhh the next blowing into me.    So yeah.     It rained the hardest at the beginning of the ride, then tapered off to a steady rain, then by the end of the ride it was very light.   

Only saw two other cyclist in the rain today.   


 But it seemed the less rain there was the more the wind picked up.  The last mile I got beat up.
It was a epic battle between me and the weather.  I beat it up and it beat me up.  LOL 
 Wet like a rat. Put it this way it's like I jumped into a swimming pool.  Literally!
 Horse Shoe Pond.  
 Took a break, took my helmet off and it was pretty with all the rain drops. 
 Ok yeah look how wet the bag was.  It stayed dried but I had a heck of time trying to read it. 
 I'm not soaked.  Nah!  
 Look back toward Horse shoe lake from wild wood park. 
 Every one was going to Trump Towers!  I also call it the Pop Corn Palace.  All the cars that past me were trucks and they were HUGE!   I guess they were going to go there to practice civil peace management.   I think not.

As for the hard core golfers.  None.  I guess there balls would get wet and blown away.




No comments:

Post a Comment