Sunday, April 29, 2018

65.02 MILES WILD FLOWER & BITING OFF MORE THAN I CAN CHEW!

 Well here I am.  Got up at 5:30 ate breakfast and headed out the door.  Starting time was 6:30, but I took off a 6:18, I didn't want to do the weaving around people thingee.   Last year it upset some of the people and one guy yell out "Don't worry she'll burn out"    No I didn't make it into the Photo crazy.  I have enough photos of me on the bike.  So I'm not bummed out.  
The ride was fine until I made my first turn going to the second rest stop.  It was a tad windy and I was only going 11 to 12 miles an hour. Last year it was windy, but not making me go 12 mph.  So if you want to know if I beat my speed record, no.  :(   The last time I did the Wild flower I had a total of 422.8 miles for the whole month April.  This month I'm at 587.51 miles. 
Did I mention my legs are burning.  Did I mention I am burning all over.  This was another sore ride. Everything on me is sore, so this might be the reason I flopped on beating my record.  Big deal, another day another ride.
Well I'm just a tad bummed.  I had great plans of doing my first 200 miles. (LOLOLOL)  I really wanted to go for it, my mind is like go go go, but my body is telling me hell no.  I'm not there yet.  But I will be.   When I got home I literally crashed (not on the bike)  I slept for 2 hours, it might be because I didn't sleep that well last night.  Other wise I got up and was like I'm doing this. 
All in all it was a good ride.
Riding out from the second rest spot this guy caught up with me and passed, me, but by the time we got back to Durham he could not resist stopping at the rest stop and going in for food.  I stopped out side the rest stop for just a bit and I was mostly eating on the bike.   At the second rest stop I had a banana, a hand full of almonds and 4 M&M's with my cliff bar I ate.  The sandwiches look good, but I don't need my stomach to be weighted down with digesting that much food on the ride.    So like I was saying he got distracted with food, and I took a short break and kept riding, he did not catch up with me again.    There was a third guy that had a very shocked looked on his face.  After a 15 minutes of resting at the entrance to the fair ground I took off to go home, and pass the guy who was yell out and said Hey! and waved.  His eye were like dinner plates, Mr speedo looked a bit grumpy.  


The road ahead.




No comments:

Post a Comment