Friday, October 18, 2019

FLYING BY THE SEAT OF MY PANTS!


Yes you heard me right!  I'm living on the edge. 
I really should not even be a cyclist.  Why?  Because realistically I can not afford it.   

When I bought my Airen 1 Diamondback.  The only thing I was aware of is that I need a bike for my height. Disk breaks? Whats that?  11 speed...Huh!  That's all.   The first time I looked at the sight there were no sales.  $1,500 to $2,000 were the prices and I was really bummed out.  I had two other bike pick out that were more in my price range, but at them time no $$$$.  So I had to wait till Christmas Window painting.  Checked out the Diamondback online store one more time.   And just for the hell of it click on the Airen 1 priced at $1,500 and to my utter shock it was not on sale for $500.00  AWWWMMMAAAGAWWD!   SOLD YES! PLEASE!!!!   

16,583.22 miles later and just today reality set in.  There is absolutely no way I could get another 11 speed disc break bike.  NA DA! ZIP! NO!

This bike is it.   I looked at 11 speed disk break bikes and yeah! Not happening.   So this is going to be my new bike until it fall apart underneath me as I ride.  Think of Blues Brothers, when the car falls apart.  

I can not imagine not having 11 speed.    It's like a drug and I'm hooked.   So over time my Airen is probably going to turn into Frank in Bike.

Amain has one more phone call to make to see if they can find the right bearings.  So it's either going to be $20.00 fix or next option is to replace the rims, thus replacing the whole tire.


And this is why I don't even think about doing the Criterium.   One crash major crash that totals the bike and it's end game for me.   

N+1?
More Like N-1=ZERO! 




                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment