Sunday, February 4, 2018

110 MILES OF AWESOMENESS

 Awesome and unexpected day today.   Got up at 5 in the morning and was planing to do 100 miles anyway even if it was not the Paskenta route.   As I was down at 1 mile Betsy road by and said the WOW group is headed to Woodson Bridge.  Oh they are, so I road with them.  :)    Well since I had made up my mind to only ride in the park I only had cliff bars and one water.  So the girls were really nice and shared their water on the way.   What a fabulous day for a bike ride with a bunch of fabulous women.   I was so pumped up.  
But here is the funny part we were all scared of the Peloton that was going to be coming up behind us that we were trying to spot it so we could move over.  It never came, we got across the high way and across woodson bridge and still no Peloton?   What gives?  Well finally here comes a small clump of riders.  From what I learned this years Paskenta ride was very small.   But never the less I was out there cheering them on.  They were looking at me like who is that insane women.    A bunch of people stopped by the little store to take a break, heck I saw every one. 
Me and my victory 110 miles stash pose.   Awesome isn't it.
Don't hate me because my stash is beautiful.
I pushed my self really hard to day and on the ride did a lot of sprints.  

Yeah I got up at 5 o'clock in the morning and did 10 miles before I met up with the WOW group. 
OMG it was so cold this morning, it was really chilly.   And it was so hard to get my legs going, I was so slow, but then again it was dark. 

Crazed and ready to do 100 miles.
Can't see much of anything in the park.

I actually beat my old 100 mile record.
Last time I did 100 miles in 7 hour and 10 minutes.   This time I did it in 7 hours and 2 minutes.  But the over all ride was 7:50.



The Peloton passes at woodson Bridge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment