Sunday, February 11, 2018

63.7 MILE VELO LOVE FREEZING MY ASS OFF RIDE

 OMFG I left the house and road right back in. It was 35 degrees outside and the wind chill factor felt like 32.    I got up with the idea that it was going to be a nice sunny warm day.  So I left with out my leggings, which I promptly returned and put them on.  I'm so glad I did, I think I would have turned into a human Popsicle if I had not.  The first part of the suffering was this morning, ever wondered what my freezing my butt off face is.  Well here it is.  
I am not a happy camper and little did I know that it would basically stay like this all day long. Well it got a little warmer like one degrees more.  














 Freezing  while I'm waiting for Christine and Lena and her friend. Did I mention I'm freezing.
 Lena putting the bikes on the rack.
 Smile your on camera. 
 Headed out.
Getting to Gridley and there is people already heading out.










 Getting the bikes ready.
 And were off. 

 Picking up some more riders.  Becky and some guys.
 Wow that a lot of yellow. 
 Our destination.

Christine tearing up the pavement as always.
(Note) Not my mother in law.  if your wondering.  

 A rare sighting of Jeff Och's.













 First rest stop.
 35 miles in.
 Nom nom nom.    I stuck to my bagel.


 And on and on....
 Still beautiful.

Around we go literally.
But I have to admit this was a very stinky ride.  Two dead skunks & a dead pheasant.  Peeeeeyuuuu.










 Very marshy out here, lot's and lot's of marshes and ducks.
The home stretch.   Got up to the intersection back into Gridly and there was a head wind. I was going 13 mph, it was strong.
I was going to ride back to Chico, but changed my mind.  Doing 60 miles Friday and 63.7 today I'm zapped.   

Adding the speedometer.....








No comments:

Post a Comment