Friday, February 2, 2018

70 MILES & FRIDAY GROUP RIDE TO CENTERVILLE

Feeling so much better today.  Joined the Friday Group ride to Centerville and this time I made it to the top.   And I didn't have to stop to catch my breath.   I got to the top as the group was leaving.  Me a Bille took a quick breather got a bite in then turn around for the fast ride down.   On the way down I started to notice my back tire was feeling squishy around corners and I was really flying.  Well when I crossed the bridge at the bottom and started making my way along the road my bike began to bounce, the tell tail sign that I got a slow leak.  Crap.   So I pumped my way to Bidwell perk, 15 miles.   I luck out and got some help from on of the riders who did if for me a couple times,  I'm thankful because now my arm really does hurt.  16 miles total.  I stopped by Sports LTD and they didn't have the tire I needed. :(    So they gave me some air and I made my way to Campus Bicycles and got a new tire for the bike and the flat fixed.  
What happened on the way up to the Honey Run Covered Bridge?  Bikers lot's and lot's of bikers.   Nice bikers.  They had the park reserved and were having a big bash with beer.  We had one casualty on the ride Hass.  This time he broke a rod. The reality of it was he was feeling left out for not having any broken rods.   Other wise he was fine, he was getting a pick up. 
And we passed a lot of friendly cyclist on the way.  One guy decided to give me the hang 10.  ;) 
Met Bike Dr Mike and his friend Mike.  
When I finally got to Bidwell Perk believe you me after that ordeal of pumping my back tire I needed a mocha.  mmmmmm coffee.
Hung out with the girls for a while and took a break, then I was off to see about my tire.  After I got it fixed I road home
and picked up my hubby, then was out back on the bike.   I was going to check out the  Sport LTD ride with Frankie, but I had to pick up hubby.  However I did see him flying passed me as I was headed back down.   But it looked like they were going deeper into the park.   
So today was a great day and I wore my bad ass bike chain necklace that I made.    











No comments:

Post a Comment