Friday, February 16, 2018

40.1 MILES, FRIDAY GROUP RIDE & OPP'S

 Well I was all ready to go to Paradise and no one showed up???  So I went with the Friday Group Ride up Cohasset.   Uhhhgggg.  Well it was me (AGAIN).  My mind scrambles things worst than scrambled eggs....oh well, move on.   I hear things, but sometimes it's choppy, so even though you could be right in front of me talking, I'll still miss things.  
Case in point after we came flying down Cohasset like angry bees were chasing us, we stopped at the beginning of Keefer Rd.   I took off headed to the other end to the stop sign.  Well I didn't hear turn on Garner.......Opps.  So the group turned behind me and I was like huh?  So I took off and went back to Chico on Hicks, and rejoined they at Bidwell perk.  I was not that far behind.   Now I would have not done that if I was in a area I was unfamiliar with. 
As for going up Cohasset my thighs were burning, I had to really work, I was 1/2 mile shy from the top and rejoined the group as they came flying down. 
I really must have really wore my self out, by the time I got home dropped hubby off and came back I found my self falling asleep on the couch and waking up to Kahlua happily cleaning my face with her sandpaper tongue. 
By my scale here is how I rank Paradise, Cohasset & Forest Ranch. 
I know now that Forest Ranch is the hardest climb out there.
Cohasset is hard, but it has a lot of steps to rest on.
Paradise by no means is easy, but it has way more level and little down hills along the way.  So I would say Paradise is easier than Cohasset.  And Forest Ranch is a Death Wish, because there is no short down hills or level outs to rest on.
 


 So tomorrow is not a rest day, I'm going to gun it and go to Paradise tomorrow.  I heard them saying that there going to Centerville first then Paradise (???)   Um no, I need the energy I have just to do Paradise.  So if that is the case I'm just going to start up the hill.   

Well I had a scare on the way to the Bidwell Perk.   Two trucks pulling trailers past me and left me no room between the curb, and my bike stated to be sucked into the wake from them passing.  OH SHIT!   I kept my balance, but dam that woke me up.    I ended up passing the guy in the trailer, no I didn't not flip him off, or cuss at him.   But I road right in front of him slow and made arm gestures to indicate distance and that he needs to go around me.   I went back to the side of the road and this time he cleared me nicely.   So no I'm not taking that route to the coffee shop again.  

Well ask me who has the most expensive coffee in town. Hand down Tin Roof Cafe!  Holy molly.  I've been in there enough now and just ordered a ice coffee. $4   Bidwell Perk comes in second. $3
But I know now that Tin Roof just assumes when you say ice coffee, you want Nitro or Cold Brew which they do charge a arm and a leg for.    I don't know maybe they give regulars discounts or, but the first time I got coffee at Tin Roof they charged me $5 and the next time it was $4.  

No comments:

Post a Comment