Wednesday, February 7, 2018

32.2 MILES OF BURNING THIGHTS

 Well this picture pretty well sums up how my leg feel, ON FIRE!   This was a brutal ride up hill with little to no down hill areas to recover.   With Paradise and Cohasset at least there are up and down area with level areas too, so you can at least rest.  But with each corner it was up hill.  And I had no idea how far it was so, I could not judge how much further I had to go.  I got to the top and it turned out I was actually 1/2 mile shy from the stopping point.  I didn't know that, so when I saw Becky and the rest of the crew coming back down I was spent, my legs were on fire, so I turned around and followed Becky.  The elevation to Forest Ranch is 2,415 feet.  Going down hill was fast, I do believe this is the longest down hill I have gone ever.  Such a great
 scenic ride down.  
I did have to take one rest stop my a road call 14 mile House Drive, then kept going.

My average speed going up was 8 mph.  I was going slow.

So tomorrow I have to take a break, then join the Friday group ride.  





No comments:

Post a Comment