Wednesday, February 21, 2018

70 MILES & A CHILLY GROUP RIDE WITH WOW


Joined the WOW group for a very windy and chilly ride up Neal Rd.  In one area it look like someone lost a bucket of bolts and sink parts.  I told everyone there going to pass me and sure enough one by one they did.  I was the last one to roll up to Wyland Rd.   My left hand was so numb I had to take off my gloves and I headed down hill with out my glove, which I really regretted, my hand was so so cold.   It said that  the temperature today was 54 degrees.  It felt more like 40.  When I headed to the meet up point it was 41 degrees with a high wind chill factor.   I was at 31 miles after we all got back and me and Lena decided to stopped by Benicks, she got a Chi and I got just ice coffee, no muffins for me.    After we sat there like two lizards basking in the warm sun and drinking our drinks.  We headed off.
She went home and I kept going.  To be honest I was really super cold and with the wind in some area being really strong I was really pushing my self.  I pushed my self hard up Neil Rd, so my thighs were very sore.  I'm sitting here  typing and my thighs are sore, not beat, just sore.

There was this guy riding a bike with no shirt and just wearing shorts WTF, is that the polar bear ride?    He was NVT nuts!

So far this month I have cycled 525.5 miles and I have 7 days left.

I'm going to take a break tomorrow....(maybe) and then join the Friday group ride for some thigh burning action.  

And up coming is 50 mile Pie ride with the WOW group.  Ride 25 miles and eat a slice of pie and ride back 25 miles, can't wait.  






























































No comments:

Post a Comment