Saturday, February 10, 2018

7.7 EPIC RIDE

 Yes Epic.   I took a lazy epic ride down town to get my one and only love for the ride tomorrow. GU, this is what cycling is all about, everything and anything that taste like coffee and Espresso Love is to die for and it's only 100 calories.   I wish I had them on the 110 mile ride, but D'oh I was not thinking.  
So other wise the beginning of February is turning out to be really good. 
Feb 2017 I only did 183.93 miles and it the 10th of 2018 I have already done 292.2 miles. 

So here the deal with the Chico Love Ride.  Shhhhhhh.   I'm not eating there food, so as a cyclist they can't bar people from riding the route.  And to be honest when I ride the Chico Wild Flower Flat flower 60 which I have payed for I will still not eat the food.   I've got to stick to what my stomach can handle, nothing like being out on a ride and eating something your body can't handle eeeeeeee that's no fun.   So they will not have to worry about me eating anything.  I'll just hang off to the side and wait for my group.  This will be my second group ride out side of Chico.  Yaaaa!  My first on was going to Turtle Bay with the WOW group.  And pretty soon I'll be in France.  LOL

Well back to seriousness.  One of the WOW group women suggested that I try for something called  Brevet or Randonneuring, they can go from 125 miles to 800 miles, non competitive.  But quite expensive as I have look it to it a bit.    And I was 15 shy of 125.   With a 100 pack of Gu Espresso hell I can get to 300 miles in one day.  So something to chew on.     And like I said on the 110 mile ride my tookiss was sore, but not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.  So I know I can do 15 miles more.   And my little homing beacon didn't even turn on that day to tell me time to go home.  I went home because I didn't have any more cliff bars.   





No comments:

Post a Comment