Monday, February 26, 2018

50 MILES WITH RAIN & HAIL

 Decided to go out to the beginning of Honey Run road to start my ride.  Look how beautiful the sky is.  I was hoping it would last all day.  But I could see off to the mountains dark dark skies coming this way. 

 So far so good, in fact it was really hot. 
 This is what happened on my second time up.  Ahhhhhhh  It was cold and yes it did rain and hail. And not only that it was cold and windy.  And yes I got very wet, not soaked, but very wet and cold.  Burrrrr  On the way back down it felt like someone was throwing frozen peas at my face. 
Waiting for the hail to stop. I can deal with the rain, but hail in the face is not fun.  I really lucked out the rain drop were big and not small, because the whole time I was like shit I don't have my mask and I'm going to get it up my nose and get sick.  Well that didn't happen so whew.  
Hail stopped and the rain was spitting by this time, after this it started to warm back up.
Rain cloud in the distance and yes it's raining there.
End of the day.    I froze my ass off today, but it was a good ride.  


So here is the low down. I have 87 miles left. In order to achieve my goal of 800 mile I must do 41 mile tomorrow and the next day.  GRRRRRRR.












No comments:

Post a Comment