Tuesday, May 29, 2018

30.36 MILES VOLLUNTERRING & MY FIRST CRASH!

 Wow what a crazy day today. 
I started off with fall off the bike (while moving this time).   I was crossing the road into the park and there was a hole my bike tire hit, so were I should have kept up my momentum and kept going, instead the tire got caught and flipped me on my side and I slid.   Ouch.  The first thing I was thinking was is the derailleur ok. 
This did not start to burn until just now and all I can say is ouch!  The whole time I was riding I didn't feel anything.  
After I fell a really nice lady pulled off to the side of the road asked if I was ok and gave me some Gator-aid, that really hit the spot.   While I was trying to figure out what happened to the chain, it was a real mess, it flipped over on it's self.  Another really nice guy stopped and he helped me fix my chain.  He said he's worked on chains before, but he never seen this happen before.   It took it a while, but he flipped it back the right way.   Now when I say flip, that's the only way I can describe it.  The chain flip backwards and over.  (????).   I was so grate full I wanted to hug him, but instead I elbowed bump him.  It's what you do when your hands are messy and a hand shake is not possible.  You bump elbows.  

I'm really tired here.   

Well after I figured out every thing was A-ok with the bike I kept on going.   12 Miles in I was like I got to go home and take care of my leg a bit.  Something just told me to go home.   And on the way home going down Humboldt Road I road pass a odd scene a elderly gentleman was standing next to the curb across the road poking the curb with his cane.  I got not to far and it dawn on me he was having trouble getting his balance to turn around form the curb and walk to his car.  So I turn around parked the bike and ask him if he needed help getting to his car.   Of course he said no and with that he almost fell down.  So I quickly grabbed his arm and we slowly walked across the street to his car.   He really should have had a walker, but he didn't.   And I really got the impression he had a appointment at that place and he could not manage stepping up on to the curb, getting embarrassed he opted rather to go back to his car.  The guy must have been in his 90's.  All that matters is that he didn't fall.  As slow as he was walking and the way people are impatience in cars, one car going by too fast and he would have fallen.   


Our master BBQ'res


 I had a Coke today. 



 This is what I get to do to Critters who forget there numbers.  Bwahhhhh.

 Hot dogs and Crit's.   (??)  Crit Dogs?



No comments:

Post a Comment