Wednesday, May 23, 2018

50.13 MILES & A NEW CHAIN FROM THE DR!

I must have really got some good Z,s because my eyes snapped open at 6:30 this morning.  I'm like now what?  I know bike ride.  It was actually quite cold this morning, but look at the clouds.   The first 30 miles of my ride still using the old chain.  Bike Dr Mike hour don't start this early.
Well I lucked out because it stayed on.  My average speed was not stellar because I was going a lot slower than normal.  I didn't want to break the chain.

I really wanted to join the WOW group, but opted out due to the chain. Nothing like going fast then snap. 

 Horse shoe lake was completely vacant, only a few cars up there.   Some homeless guy was fishing up there, I wonder if he caught his breakfast.  Heck were there a pond there food, and as many fish are in that pond. Dang!



 Awww more construction.  Houses are like creeping crud to natures beauty.    But $$ money talks.  
 Bye bye beautiful field.  :(
 Bike path. :)
 Dirt Bike Path. LOL

 Ohhh Chris and I are going to have to come back here and take a water sample.   One of our hobbies. 
 Ok this is better.    And the cool thing is I found a peach tree.  :)  And it's loaded and it's fits all the picking criteria, not in someone's yard.  In a public area.   When you pick things you got to be really careful.    
 Pretty!  Another species of Mother and chicks.  
 OMG!  I have not seen these since I was a child.  These were going right below the Mulberry bush.  Yeah I was reliving childhood berry eating memories.   And hoo, I remember picking this at the base and then tying it into a lose knot and you would fire off the head like a rocket.   I vaguely remember doing this.  And if you did it just right, it would really fly.  
 SECOND'S
After I got home from my first ride I headed back out with hubby for a ride back out to the chain gang. 

 THIRD'S
Thanks to Bike Dr Mike I now have a new Chain and he really worked my bike over with some Extra TLC.   Lot's of love and thanks for the help.  Without him, I'd be out of the game.

Check this out.  The last time he looked at my bike was 8/2017 and he put a new chain on it.  The chain lasted 9 months.    So it make me wonder is this chain going to last 8 months?   

At this point I'm at 31st mile, I took a intermission, then finished the day with another 20 miles ride.  Yes I was very sore.  
No clouds. :(

Push push push.


I don't really care about the average speed, I did my 50 miles.   

I'm 688.71 miles into May.   311.29 miles to go.   So instead of 42 miles a day I could do 38 miles a day.  I have a method to my madness, everything is planned out, so I don't burn out.     It's a mental and well as a numbers game. 




No comments:

Post a Comment