Saturday, May 19, 2018

ZZZZZZZZ & BEING A SLEEP JUNKIE.

This is Shironeko the cat, a example of what I looked like this morning. 

Well it is what it is, I slept in to 7:55 and missed the ride.  LOL  Oh well.
I don't use a alarm clock to wake up.  My hubby use to be depended on a alarm clock when I met him and I would be if you train your self to wake up you will wake up and if you don't your body must have needed the extra sleep.  It took quite a while to convince him he could and you know what he can now, so no more BEEEEP BEEEEEP BEEEEEP!  
When I go to sleep I just tell my self when to get up, if I'm going for a WOW ride which is at 9:01, I will tell my self to get up at 8:00.   I will just automatically wake up at 8 some time 5 minutes early some time 5 minutes late, but with in reasonable time.

I need my sleep and why sleep junkie well the average sleep people need is usually around 8 hours a day.  Not me I can sleep up to 12 hours, not joking.  Even as a child my dad noticed this and were not talking about laying in bed awake, I mean out like a light.  If I wake up at the 8 hour period, my eyes water like crazy and that's a sign I have not gotten proper sleep. Now with that being said.  If I get really good deep REM sleep I can wake up at a reasonable time.  So the 12 hours of sleep can vary, but I definitely know when I have not gotten enough sleep.

Depending on the ride of the day some time I come back feel invigorated jump back on the bike and keep going and then there are other time I do a face plant right into the couch and sleep for two hours.   So my focus is letting my body control what I can or can't do.   And by sleeping when I need to, it helps my body recover for the next rides.  

No comments:

Post a Comment