Monday, May 21, 2018

50.1 MILES & A GOOD HARD RIDE


Today was a good day, it as hard and I'm sore and yes I have more grease on my face than the bike.   The chain lasted all the way to 26 miles then fell off as I was crossing the road.   It only came off twice during the whole ride.   It stays on as long as I don't slow down.  

The first part of the ride was in the hot sun, but there's still is a slight cool breeze so this helps a lot.  And there was a huge cloud bank coming my way, every once and a while the sun would be blocked. 
On my second ride out to the BIG GEAR! (my bike is park under it).  I saw a huge cloud of dust envelop it.   Great that all I need seasoning.   As I got closer it dissipated fast, due to the windy day.


 Yay!  Hubby on a bike. Can't pass up riding with hubby.  So I joined him for a really slow ride back out to the Gear.      
 It was so nice being under this long cloud and it rain a tiny bit.  Not enough to get the ground wet, but it did. 
 Dust generator.  It was wafting across the street and coming my way, so I took off. 
 Shade.  

  A little ground squirrel was really have a bad day, he was being chased by another male and as I was going down hill standing up on the bike it decided to come out onto the path straight for the wheel!  Two ground squirrels line up with the path of my wheel.  I screamed and did evasive maneuvers, and they both exits stage left.  That was to close, way to close.   It one thing to kill one, but two at the same time.  😳
So they both get to live another day and I don't have squirrel guts to deal with.  That would have ruined my bike ride.
RULE NUMBER: 101
When you need to drink water and your a cyclist.  Fuck thinking about the dog slobber.   I was so thirsty.    All I could think of the slobber, then I was like what doesn't kill me makes me stronger right?   Basically if there water your going to drink it, even if there things floating in it. 
PISTACHIOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let me say that again!
PISTACHIOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!











 Did I mention I like foraging.  I going to have to see how to harvest them.  









 Resting at the bridge.

LOL I got dropped like hot rock by a guy going up to Horse Shoe Pond.  
Yes I'm tired, and sore.  Did I mention tired.  I'm going home.



















No comments:

Post a Comment