Tuesday, May 29, 2018

PIE & DIE RIDE REVIEW!

ELK CREEK Elevation is 745 feet.  
I was so tired from doing the PIE RIDE, my tired was tired. I was zapped.   
Now that I can actuality form coherent mental thoughts.  Here is my review of the ride.  Here is what I have to say.   I am actually so glad that the first PIE RIDE was canceled.  I would have willingly killed my self.  And one of those three graves site we passed would have a marker on it with "Here's lies Susen who never got her slice of the pie"    It was still a gnarly ride, but I was able to do it.   I've been pushing my self, by doing sprints up mini hills of terror.  When I do my rides I do not stick to flat rides, I try to find as many tiny hills as I can and slam it up hill.   And it paid off.  What I was not expecting was the wind that really zapped my energy.  If there had been no wind, I would have probably done better.    The three last hills out were brutal,  I will confess that I walked the middle out of the hill then resumed my suffering.  When Christine's husband went by sagging for her, and keeping a eye on the other two guys, the thought did cross my mind of asking for a ride, back.   But why relax when you can suffer.  On the way there I was flying, the hills did slow me down, but I hammered it and did catch up with the front pack. 
On the last few hills I was so tired when I got to the area were their were houses on the hills close to were the end was, I didn't recognizes the area and I was like shit, did I over shoot the parking area and am headed into oblivion?   When I finally saw the parking area I can truly say I never been so happy to see a fly infested toilet in my life.    Would I do it again? YES!  And the Pie was so worth it.  I got a half a slice from Christine, and it's the first time in a long time that I taste a hand picked berry pie.  When you grow up with hand picked pies and then tasted canned pies, there is a huge difference. Yummy.   Hopefully next time the wind won't pummel us.    


No comments:

Post a Comment