Saturday, June 2, 2018

36.98 MORE MILES & A TREE BRANCH!

36.98 miles more to make it a total of 87.4 miles.   I decided to go back out and do a ride with hubby and instead of going home I got the ridding bug and was feeling good, so I kept on going.   I mainly stuck to the park and road in the shade.  And tried to keep a steady even pace than doing the ride fast.    I was gunning for 100 miles today, but it is what it is.  I'm happy with 87.04 miles.

We saw deer and wild turkey in the park. 












 This is what Chris and I road up to, It just happened.  A really huge branch (enormous branch) fell on these two cars and there was a women still inside.  At this point I had no idea.   Also when we pulled up there was a large crowd of people and another group pulling away the branches from the car, one lady told me at one point the cars were under the branches, she also said it sounded like a bomb going off.   1 mile was packed and it's scared everyone.  You could see all the kids were rattled. 
 The cop is on the left and there talking to the lady.   Just to let you know I did not stick around long.  My camera was already on I just pointed and clicked and we left.  So this isn't me just hanging around.  

From what I understood the lady in the car was injured, but other wise ok.  The women in the pink top told me just before and after the branch fell on the cars, a little boy climbed out of one of the cars unharmed, but she said he look like he was in shock.  Poor kid. :(     The cars were messed up bad.   As I went in circled I watch them load the cars onto a flat bed trailer and the car all the way to the left was totaled.  The top was smashed.  All three cars were messed up.  I'm just so glad that no one died.  


 Were the branch came from.  Arrows.



No comments:

Post a Comment