Wednesday, June 20, 2018

REVIEW OF THE CRIT & MY MISTAKE

This is the only picture I have of my self at the Crit's,  however this was not the ride day.  This is just me volunteering so I'm not going fast. 

I really (REALLY) Kicked my ass on the 19th.  Maybe a little to hard.  What was my first mistake of the day?  I got up and road 25.1 miles in the morning.   All I was focused on was getting the miles in, I really did not know how far I was going to ride during the Crit's and I was like oh well 25 in the morning and maybe 15 miles in the evening and I'll be set.  Boy was I wrong, it turned into 69.88 miles & Suffering at the Crit.  Note to self do not ride before the Cirt!
I learned a new meaning of suffering, because I really pushed my self to the limits.   It was so hot, my side started to cramp on my right side and I was starting to get a headache.  I made sure I had drank a lot of water before the ride, but as soon as I ran out, OMG my mouth felt so dry and parched.   During part of the ride I had to fly off my bike and get more water.  There was no way I could finish the ride with out water.

*I forgot to post my speedometer yesterday.  Usually I will not reset it, so it should have read 69.88 miles, but I reset it for the Crit's I wanted to see my stats. 

I did get to the Crit early and I did analyze the route, nothing like being out on a new course and not see a pot hole of what not.  So I am glad I did that.  During the loop de loops the only thing that was really nerve wracking was the faster riders intercepting me at the corners.  I was like shit shit shit, and would speed up to get around the corner so I would not impede the other riders.  Nothing like taking the other riders out.  There was only one time they caught me right on the corner.  I just kept my pace and hugged the curb as close as possible and they cooled me off as they when by.  Air conditioning feels good.  ;)

But hey I did it, I actually looped the course all the way to the ringing bell.   I would really like to know my time, so I can keep track.   







My average speed after the race was 14.0 then 13.6 when I got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment