Friday, June 1, 2018

TO CYCLE IN THE WIND OR NOT TO CYCLE IN THE WIND.

That is the question?
I've had a few people ask me about this. 
And here the answer I have, if you don't mind looking like you've been hit by a leaf blower and eating a far amount of unidentifiable things.

It makes you stronger!  I've been riding in the wind for a while now and when there is no wind resistance I move a whole lot faster.    
Yes it's a pill going 7 to 8 miles an hour.  There are two ways to look at it, either you tell the wind fuck you and keep riding, or you let the wind kick your ass.    As for my self it's kicked my ass several times and I've kicked it's ass several time.  It's a on going battle.    One thing I forgot to mention on the Pie or Die Ride was the wind gust on the way back were hell of bad, as one point one gust almost headed me off the road down into a ditch.  That was not fun to contemplate.   Now that were on the topic of Wind Gust, that's not fun, to get blown side ways unexpectedly.  So when that happens I tend not to go fast. 
The most memorable and fun windy ride was with the Friday group ride.  When we headed out on River Rd and OMG the dust and grit and side gust, I think when we got to the coffee shop, we were all covered in dust and looking wind swept.   And no one bother to mention that my face was covered in dust. LOL  I look in the bathroom mirror and was like who the FUCK is that. Ahhhh!.    
So my advice ride in the wind.  As for Hurricane force wind?   That up to you. LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment