Thursday, July 26, 2018

41.05 MILES & STILL (@#&@*) HOT

 This is my serious face, no smiling today it was muggy, hot and did I mention really hot.   Well I guess I stuck my foot in my mouth when I said it was going to be cooler, LOL. 
I was like fuck it, I road anyway.  
This was suppose to be a little bit of a rest day.. oh well.

Other wise there were a lot of animals out and about, so that makes the ride more enjoyable. 
There has been a doe hanging around at the very end of Chico Canyon Rd, I rode pass her a couple of times, but today was the closest, I came around the corner going up hill and she was right there beside me, she jumped and went into the bushes.   Also lot's of Jack rabbits and I even saw a bunny. 
Ground squirrels were also really out and about too, there funny to watch.  They will stretch out there arm and body and yawn or roll over.  The quail were all out to with vairous stages of babies ranging from new born to the pesky teenagers.
And then toward the end of my ride, I startled a baby fawn.  It was really cool to have the baby jumping right beside me on the bike,  I stopped and it jumped in front of me to pass and when into the bushes.  So cool.
 But I didn't not stick around ma ma deer don't behave kindly to people messing with baby. This whole thing was over within minutes. 
I don't know if you can see the haze from the fires, it was bad, but right now as I type it's even worst.


 Yes I was tired.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I don't envy you that SW weather for biking. Your blog description pulled me in because I have some similar interests. Everything I see here is biking, don't see you riding with anyone. I am looking for what art you do and don't see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is my cycling site, no art here. If you look around a bit more on this site I do belong to several cycling groups. Friday Group ride, WOW (Women on Wheels) Group & North Valley Riding Club. I solo and club ride. I have a Art site on Google + too. Susen Gallery, type that into search bar on google +. I have not add anything in a while. :( But I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete