Saturday, August 18, 2018

ALCOHOL & MOSQUITO'S

For those of you that don't know I do not drink alcohol or wine.   Just my choice. 
So what do alcohol have to do with mosquitoes?   A lot LOL!   
At the party toward evening there was tons of them flying around, I had 7 of them in front of me.  By the time I got home I was thinking to my self mosquito bites let the itching ensue. 
I was shocked I only had one bite, WTF how on earth did that happen?
Apparently mosquitos have a taste for alcohol. LOL
This is from a article about what attract mosquitoes and why they bite: 
 Who knew mosquitoes had a taste for beer? The little lushes. In one study researchers found that significantly more mosquitoes landed on study participants after drinking a 12-ounce beer than before. The scientists figured that it was due to increased ethanol content in sweat and skin temperature from consuming the brew, but they were unable to find the exact correlation, just that it happened. So nobody knows why, clearly the crafty pests aren't targeting inebriated folks as easy marks, but it does seem to be a thing.

So that's why.  I was not tasty enough.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment