Sunday, August 12, 2018

TAKING A BREAK

So yeah I been off the bike for a while 5 days to be exact.  The humanity!   I wanted to recover from sucking in the fumes.   The mask works, but like I said it was not designed for cycling over 40 miles.  At the end of my rides it would start falling apart and it would get really scratchy on my face.   The congestion is gone, but I'm still waking up with head aches, but not as bad as they were.    So there a time to ride you brains out and there a time to sit back and chill.   Chilling is what lets you recover for more crazy miles.    I really must have needed a R&R because, not only was I getting cooked by the heat, I was getting smoked roasted as well.  My first day of not riding I felt it hit me like a brick wall.   I didn't realize how tired I was, from the continuous riding.  

Side note: I no long do Love to Ride.   At first it was fun, but I stated to notice that the sight is designed for new riders not riders to do 1000 miles. LOL    I would type in 12 miles and it would be like Yhooo Hoooo great job, keep up the good work.  Then I would type in 80 miles and it would be like meh.  LOL   And it would never ever let me get to 1000 miles even when I did a challenge to do 1000 miles which I did.  It reset's it self the second to the last day of the month.   So that was a little frustrating.  

2 comments:

  1. First of all I want to say great job on your weight loss!! Secondly, you need to give your body a break every so often for recovery.

    I'm heavy into cycling and can ride hard for days at a time but I also take days off for recovery. Sometimes I don't ride for weeks at a time and I usually dont ride more than 2 or 3 days in a row. This doesn't include easy rides to the store or things like this. I don't count those rides as exercise.

    Train hard but take time to recover and your body will thank you for it. Good luck and continued weight loss success :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes you are right recovery is essential, for more riding. I am very in-tuned to what I can do and what I can't do. My longest non stop riding for two weeks,I have a internal flag that goes up and says ok that's enough, that when I stop and rest.

      Delete