Thursday, August 9, 2018

VOLLUNTERRING FOR REDDING CARR FIRE.



 Got up at 5:00 this morning to hitch a ride to Redding to volunteer at Bethal Church in Redding.  And yes it was so smokey, it was super bad.  In fact so bad even with wearing the N95 approved mask I still got a sore throat and congestion.  I can not imagine how the fire fighters feel wearing from 45 pounds to 75 pound of gear depending on what there doing, and on top of that being in the heat of the day and to top that off being near the heat created by a fire.   So yeah WOW!  To me that is Bad Ass.






 
This is what we donated to several of the charities.    I provided some coffee.  I wish I could have given regular coffee, but decafe it is.   Oat meal, beans, can good and jams.   So feel good that I could donate a little. It all adds up. 
                 










This is on our way, the smoke just kept getting thicker and thicker.   



 
 Trying to find the area where we volunteer?
It was a bit unorganized and what was right around the way was all the way across the campus of the church.   And there was no clear sign stating wear to go.





This is looking for where we need to sign in.  This was one of the stations were they were making packages for people.    I heard the leader state that don't let people here pick and choose, they get a bag and that's it. The reason is when people pick and choose them selves there is extra waste. 

Miranda was station inside and got to deal out the food, inside a air condition building.  Grrrrr no it's ok LOL.    




  



 The big white tent was one of the stations for delivery of good and that is were I was stationed well kind of. 

 More like here.  I was assigned to getting people to the right places and tell them what we would reject.
Here the list of no's.
Water, way too much water is donated.
Tooth brushes and tooth paste.
Children diapers for ages 1,2,3  way too much.
N95 Mask.  They had two huge pallets of mask.
Used clothing
Expired food, you think this would be obvious.
Adult diapers.

People still came with loads of water.
                                                                                    And people came with paper towels.  WTF is paper towel going to do for you?  Had to be FRUMP Supporters.

Yeah me looking bad ass with my bad ass walkie talkie.
I was just reporting about all the suspicious people reading my blog.  :)    The unknown region was the most suspicious.

So to give you a idea of how bad the Carr Fire & Mendocino Complex fire are here are the details.

Carr Fire in Redding.
Carr Fire near Redding has burned 177,450 acres, the Ferguson Fire in Mariposa County has burned 95,104 acres and the Donnell Fire in the Stanislaus National Forest has burned 21,097 acres.  :(

Mendocino Fire.
                                                               
As of Thursday morning, the Mendocino Complex fires have burned a total of 304,402 acres — and are the largest blaze in state history.


Had a fan that was hooked up to a hose, now that's cool.
After my shift they did have lunch waiting for me.  Mac & Cheese, Corn bread, Broccoli, a piece of chicken and dessert.





In other news I'm currently talking to the business about the job,  I waiting for a phone call and that will be that, either I have it or I don't.  And painting in Redding is going to be hard with the heat and smoke.  Oh well.  
    I'm really kind of spent, I want to ride my bike, but I feel congested and just blah. So well see tomorrow.  I'm going to try.   

I was with a lady and when your at a church the inevitable question comes up. 

 So what church do you belong to in Chico?
Me. I don't.
Why not?
Me : Because I'm a Atheist.
No your not?
Me: Really?
Your in Denial your Agnostic.
Me: Yeah yeah, sure sure.  
So 4 hours of this.  LOL  Just go with the flow.     
    
 





No comments:

Post a Comment